IMPORTANT: The ReSharper PowerToys Issue Tracker is located
here . Please do NOT use the Issue Tracker on this site. You requests, bug fixes and other issues will be ignored!
ReSharper PowerToys are plug-ins developed by both the Community and JetBrains for use with ReSharper.
For more information on ReSharper, please visit
ReSharper Home Page
What are they?
The PowerToys are a series of plug-ins developed by JetBrains and with contributions from the developer community. They provide additional functionality to what is already provided in ReSharper. Some of the current features of ReSharper originated as a PowerToy
The PowerToys are also a good resource for learning how to create your own plug-in for ReSharper and potentially contribute it back to the community via this project.
Are they free?
Yes. Everything under the PowerToys project is provided for free and Open Source, under the terms of the BSD License.
What do they include?
Currently, the following plug-ins are provided:
- CsUnit PowerToy: Unit Testing
- CyclomaticComplexity PowerToy: Calculates Cyclomatic Complexity
- ExploreTypeInterface PowerToy: Allows you to explore type interfaces
- FindText PowerToy: Powerful add-on for Finding Text
- GenerateDispose PowerToy: Generates Dispose patterns
- LiveTemplatesMacro PowerToy : Macros for Live Templates
- MakeMethodGeneric PowerToy: Makes a method generic
- MenuItem PowerToy: Shows how to work with menu items
- OptionsPage PowerToy: Shows how to work with options page
- ReflectorNavigator PowerToy: Plug-in for Reflector
- ZenCoding PowerToy: ZenCoding for HTMl
How do I install them?
There are two ways to install the PowerToys
Please see the Downloads page to get the latest release
To install a plug-in from source code (this applies to any ReSharper plug-in and not only these PowerToys), you need to compile the source code and place the binaries under the %Program Files%\JetBrains\ReSharper\vX.Y\Bin\Plugins folder. If the Plugins folder
does not exist, you need to create it. It is considered good practice to place each plug-in in a subfolder of it's own under the Plugins folder.
For example, to install ZenCoding plug-in, compile the ZenCoding.csproj and the resulting output should be placed under %Program Files%\JetBrains\ReSharper\v5.0\Bin\Plugins\ZenCoding.
Note: If you want to install the plug-ins per individual user (not globally for all users), place the plug-ins under the %appdata%\JetBrains\ReSharper\v<r#ver>\vs<vsver>\Plugins folder instead.
How can I contribute?
There are many ways you can contribute to the project. You can write new plug-ins, submit patches, fixes, features or even help with documentation. If you have an existing ReSharper plug-in that you would like for it to be part of the
PowerToys, let us know
. The source control is set up using Mercurial, allowing you to easily fork the project, mess around with it, play with it and when ready submit a pull request. Find out more about Mercurial
Other ReSharper Plug-ins
Apart from the PowerToys, there are other ReSharper plug-ins, some of which are hosted on CodePlex.
- Keymaps for ReSharper: Helps you learn the ReSharper keyboard shortcuts for both the Visual Studio & IntelliJ/Idea schemes. It creates a dockable tool window that contains listings of shortcuts
- MSpec Test Runner: Integrates support for MSpec (Machine.Specifications) framework into ReSharper unit testing engine.
- StyleCop for ReSharper: Allows Microsoft StyleCop to be run as you type, generating real-time syntax highlighting of violations and
automatic fixing of StyleCop issues during ReSharper Code CleanUp and via Quick Fixes.
- TDD Productivity Plugin for ReSharper: This plugin adds additional context actions that reduce the keystrokes and mouse clicks required to perform Test Driven Development.
- Agent Johnson: Complements ReSharper with various tools including Smart Generate, value analysis and assertions, 6 refactorings and 17 context actions.
- Agent Smith: C# code style validation plug-in for ReSharper that provides:
- ARP: Complements ReSharper with support for NHibernate and log4net via:
- Exceptional Plug-in for ReSharper: Helps developers analyse thrown exceptions and provide some guidance about them.
- The Gallio integration plug-in: Hooks into the ReSharper Unit Testing system and provides access to rich, open and extensible automation platform.
- The NHibernate plug-in: Adds support for NHibernate mapping files to ReSharper.
- R2P: Extends ReSharper with additional refactorings, inspections and visualizers. Refactorings include:
- xUnit.net Contrib: Runner for xUnit Unit testing framework specifically designed for Test Driven Development on the .NET platform.
- WhySharper: Gives explanations on some of ReSharper's suggestions
- ReSharper Setting Manager: Adds an extended Resharper settings management and sharing capabilities.
for more information on some of these plug-ins visit the
on JetBrains web site.
Copyright (c) 2010 ReSharper PowerToys